Thursday, March 13, 2014

Horsing around

So there are a few things I love, my family, horses, and photography. The best part is I get those things together often.  Well actually everyday in one form or another. Today I wanted to share some of my favorite photo's of people and horses. Tomorrow starts the Utah horse expo and I have a booth set up showcasing the work I do with both. A couple things to keep in mind as you try to combine people and horses.

*People listen a little better than horses, set them up and watch for the horse to be correct with ears up and attentive expression.

*Take your time, horse respond to soft voices and quite movement, remember this and avoid your subjects literally running away.

*Step back and use a long lens, one challenge with a horse is avoiding lens distortion, while a close up of a horses nose may look cute, no one likes their nose or their horses to look long and big. A zoom lens will allow you to step back and zoom in avoiding lens distortion.

*Show love, people love their horses like people love their dogs. Set up poses and settings that allow that affection to shine.








No comments:

Post a Comment